The student news site of Lowellville Local School

The Rocketeer

Lowellville Masks Up at Prom

Fred Schriner

Fred Schriner

Zackary Oliver and Taylor Wensel

Lowellville High School held Prom on Friday, May 5th. The junior class had the responsibility of choosing the location, in the end they chose the Holiday Inn, Boardman. The theme for the dance was a Masquerade Ball. Students were surrounded by good food, loud music, and the surprise photo booth with many props. However, not everyone agreed with the theme. Faith Borer, a senior soon graduating, stated “I thought the theme this year was a bit overused, I thought they should have gone something a little more brighter. I hope next year they do choose something different.”  

The night started with promenade, which began around 4:30 p.m. Attendees poured into the school, dressed in elaborate attire. There was an electrical difficulty shortly after everyone arrived, however, the problem was solved just before the walk in pictures. Shortly after, couples and singles were introduced and proceeded to walk down the gym for pictures. The Prom King and Queen were announced and crowned. Noah Mamula was crowned King and Jessica Grow was awarded the title of Prom Queen.  

Prom officially started at 6:00 p.m. Students arrived mostly separately or together. When

everyone arrived, some took pictures after finding a table. Afterwards, the food was set out and all who attended were able to eat. Alex  Mamula, a junior at Lowellville stated, “The food was definitely the best part, all of it was delicious.” Once dinner had been finished, most of the students hit the dance floor. Some of the music that was played was a mixture of modern music with a few classic songs as well. Soon after ice cream was served with an immense variety of toppings to choose.  One of the features at the dance was a photo booth where you could dress up and act silly with friends as you took free pictures.

At the end of the dance, seniors gathered on the dance floor in a circle to cherish their last moments at prom together. By 9:30, almost everyone had left the hotel and headed home. Many people did something after prom. Some did an activity the day after and some as soon as prom ended. About thirteen students went to Kalahari the day after and spent the night. A few other students even went and saw a movie as soon as prom ended. Overall, prom proved to be a success and provided a night of fun and laughter for each student, some of which will be graduating this year.