The student news site of Lowellville Local School

The Rocketeer

The Lowellville Drama Club

Zackary Oliver, Contributor

The Lowellville Drama Club is one of the most hardworking and creative clubs in school. The Drama Club puts on plays during the year and focuses on acting during their meetings. It  allows students to express their creativity with other students. They meet every Wednesday in Ms. DiRienzo’s room. Ms. D is the adviser for the drama club. Ms. D has strong thoughts on the club as a whole, she stated, “I love everything about it. It feels like a family. My favorite part about the club, however, is the creative process that goes into the club.

During the meetings on Wednesdays the Drama Club practices their acting skills. When they are there they break up into groups to do Improv Exercises. The Improv Exercises allow the students to improve their acting and have fun at the same time.  A student in the Drama Club, Morgan Lacamera said, “Drama Club is fun, inclusive, and welcoming. Ms. D makes it a lot of fun as well.” Ultimately, the people in the club have a big connection, which makes it easy for anyone to join if they wish.

Last year the Drama Club put on a play called Noises Off. The main theme of the play was that it was a play inside of a play. The plan this year for the club is to have a play during the spring. They club will prepare and plan for the play for the spring after Christmas break. Ms. D also has a goal for the year, she said, “My long term goal this year is to have a collaboration with the Tech and Art classes to be involved, and to help with the play.” If the Tech and Art classes collaborate with the Drama Club they would be able to work together and be creative to put on the spring play. The club also wants to have a talent show this winter, but it’s not set in stone yet. The Drama Club has big things planned this year and it will be fun for everyone to be able to watch.