The student news site of Lowellville Local School

The Rocketeer

Lowellville Bowling Team Takes On Campbell and Alliance

The bowling team takes a picture during the game against Alliance

(Colin Boyd)

(Colin Boyd)

Nathan Williams, Contributor

With two matches during the week on Monday, January 23rd, and Thursday, January 26th, Lowellville’s bowling team went up against Campbell and Alliance, at the Lowellville team’s, Holiday Lanes. The boys team lost both Monday and Thursday, while the girls team won Monday against Campbell and lost against Alliance. The matches were the sixteenth and seventeenth of the season, with two more matches in the coming weeks as well as sectionals. The team’s last match before sectionals, however, is girls only.

One of the bowling team’s male members, senior Colin Boyd, shared this season’s progress with the Rocketeer staff and reported the results of Monday and Thursday’s matches. He commented about Thursday that “The Alliance team was actually first division, which was really tough for our team since we’re third division. They had a strong team that definitely put up a huge challenge.”

Colin Boyd has been a bowling team member for three years, since his sophomore season, and has seen members and coaches come and go. This season was led by Coach John Rotz, whose daughter Haley is one of the highest scorers, on the team. Colin also commented that they lost some good senior players this year, especially on the girls team, but luckily had enough new players to continue. He also said that a few boys team members were disqualified from playing during the season which decreased the numbers of players on the team . 

After the matches, the girls team seems to be doing better than the boys record-wise, with 7-8 compared to the boys’ 4-10. All wins and losses are counted by each entire match, the team with the most points that day being the victor.

For the Lowellville Bowling Team’s schedule, including the times and places of each match, check the Lowellville Local Schools main website.